Rhythms of Grace | Monday, Week 1
Spiritual Practices - Couch to 5k
Don't forget the why!
1. To know God; to hear His voice through the Holy Spirit.
2. Help understand how God is moving and working in our world.
3. To empower you to have care and compassion toward others.
If you would like to share what God is doing in your life, you may in the comments below. We are praying for you!
Remember theses practices are for those just getting started:
- Designate a time during the day or the evening when you can be alone for 10 minutes.
- During your time, locate a quiet place nearby, but away from any distractions.
- Spend the remainder of your time listening to the silence.
- Pay attention to what you hear.
- Share in the comments section how God is working in your life.
God is working in my life by making me more mindful of gratitude. When I am regularly thanking him for the good, the bad, and the ugly, I feel him so much more. It’s impossible to miss. That’s what I have enjoyed about this whole quarantine time.
These last two months have given me more time to sit with God, first thing in the morning. Ever since we all met at Adena High School for church and Pastors Jon and Andrew showed us that short video on reading scriptures at least four times per week, I took that on as a challenge. The numbers and results were proven to me in my Christian journey. This quiet time of reading and praying really helps to star your day with a proper perspective. Thank you pastors for sharing practical disciplines to help us. Thank you Jesus for your incredible selfless gift of buying us back. We owe you everything!
As I listened yesterday in my quiet place, I heard TRUST. Also, I’m thankful that you reminded us to ask WHY we are doing this discipline. It’s not to mark something off but to seek HIM 🙌🏻